Feature request for Connections plugin

12 years 8 months ago #172246 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Feature request for Connections plugin
As I asked about the other day, if you could have a nested container for a list portal.

Then we could have in the user profile a list of items that the user wants to display, clicking on one item opens up a new tab where this item is displayed.

Could have a zillion uses for many people. Could be a gallery, a display of cats and dogs or cars, bikes, skateboards or what ever people has and want to display on their profile.

Please... B)

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Feature request for Connections plugin

jansuhr wrote: As I asked about the other day, if you could have a nested container for a list portal.

Then we could have in the user profile a list of items that the user wants to display, clicking on one item opens up a new tab where this item is displayed.

Could have a zillion uses for many people. Could be a gallery, a display of cats and dogs or cars, bikes, skateboards or what ever people has and want to display on their profile.

Please... B)

Jan

That is a small part of what we've plans to implement. The idea is to allow usage for anything as you've stated such as galleries, cars, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172272 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Feature request for Connections plugin
@krileon
regarding field management in backend... i lost my own request in an older forum. Here is the same topic with my comment:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/159-wishlist/160621-field-management-filter-by-tab#164551

I mean, how are you going to manage the list of all fields. In the current CB, it is very inconvenient to browse and search the fields list. A filter by tab is lacking.

You said, CB20 will have "tabs" or "containers". Those will be special fields as well. I wonder how we are going to manage all fields...

12 years 8 months ago #172303 by krileon

I mean, how are you going to manage the list of all fields. In the current CB, it is very inconvenient to browse and search the fields list. A filter by tab is lacking.

Sorting and much more advanced filtering will be provided with the new field system. You can see example of the new filtering in CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172310 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Feature request for Connections plugin
Filter by tab:
Any chance for a change in CB 1.7 ? A selectbox with all tab-names above the fields list.

12 years 8 months ago #172383 by krileon

Any chance for a change in CB 1.7 ? A selectbox with all tab-names above the fields list.

CB 1.7 is already released. We're not planning any feature implementations between now and CB 2.0. Any new release of CB will typically be just a bug fix release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn