registration code in another php file

12 years 9 months ago #171896 by hunt
Hello, I am trying to include the registration capability within a popup. I have the popup and the registration mostly working as you can see here: www.dogodaily.com/dev

I lifted the code from the outputted source but it is not the dynamic code I am looking for because it includes invalid session information. I am using Joomla 1.6 with CB 1.7.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will be happy to clarify if I'm not making sense; thanks.

Hunt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registration code in another php file
You can't copy over the HTML from existing registration to a new location and it function properly. You need to render registration through API. To do that you need to use the below API.

File Attachment:

File Name: example_ex..._api.txt
File Size:2 KB

Please note I did not test any of the above, it was constructed from comprofiler.php source and is considered for example purposes only. Please make changes where necessary and test thoroughly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

12 years 9 months ago #172084 by hunt
Thanks Krileon, I really think that you captured what I was trying to do here even though I explained myself poorly. The code works great for pulling the form into the location I am trying to use but when I submit the registration I just get redirected to a broken link. I suspect that the problem is because the form is in a popup. I have been trying to solve the problem myself but progress is slow, thanks again for your time.

Hunt

12 years 9 months ago #172132 by hunt
Well I have figured that I can just fake a popup. I am just using a unique template for the cb register page that simulates a front page style popup. It is not ideal for me since I will be losing out on seo benefits but I think that it will work. I am still interested in learning how to correctly use the api but it is not a high priority now. I thank you for your help and time. I will continue to support CB.

Hunt

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #172200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registration code in another php file
Unfortunately we just don't have an API to flat out render the entire registration layout, its functionality, and any integrations acting on it. It's a heavy process to build and is shown in my previous post. CB 2.0 will feature more refined APIs and better support usages like this.

Another approach is to review the function registerForm in comprofiler.html.php and create a new module perhaps that better uses the API to fully format the registration to your needs. You'll also need to review the default.php template file of your CB default template as half of the registration display is placed there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn