Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Moderator approval issue

• jem32
  • jem32
12 years 9 months ago #172079 by jem32
Moderator approval issue was created by jem32
I can't get "moderator approval" for an upgrade plan to work if I associate it in any way with a default free account.

Plan A is free for life. They get a profile and limited access to the features on my site.

Plan B is a paid account. However they pay just for me to verify them. If their resume is not up to par, they will not be verified and there is no refund, no upgrade, no nada.

BUT if their resume IS good then I'll want to login and approve the upgrade them and then allow them a monthly and yearly paid option to access the content after that.

Now one thing that seems to be stopping me, is I cant allow them to be both a free member and get the upgrade WITH the upgrade being moderator approved.

But I want the free one to be required. I don't want my members to have to fill out a small profile for the free one and then sign up for a whole new membership for the verified one.

So I tried to use parent child and the upgrade will still let me upgrade automatically.

I have tried leaving them both as top level plans and only show the upgrade, but it is automatically activated here too.

Is the only way I can get this to work is to have the moderator approved account not be dependent on having a free account, be it as a parent/child or just conditional?

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #172193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Moderator approval issue
Don't fully understand the step, but please review the below as believe would provide what you're wanting.

Plan 1 - Free (Exclusive, No Upgrade)
Plan 2 - Paid (Non-Exclusive, Upgrade)

For Plan 1 you'll want to review the workflows tab of the plan and set it to not require approval. For Plan 2 you'll want to set it to require approval after payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jem32
  • jem32
12 years 9 months ago #172280 by jem32
Replied by jem32 on topic Re: Moderator approval issue
I have tested and tested these settings. I just can't get the subscription approval to work on an upgrade or child plan.

I tried setting the default CB registration settings to Yes and then overrode them in cbsubs. Then I tried the opposite and set them to No and overrode them again.

Then I tried putting the plan as a child of the free plan, and I tried making it a top level plan.

When it was a child, I had no conditional settings and when I had it as a top level, I had it conditional on the free account. It only works, it seems, when it is not related to the other account in any way.

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

I really need it to be like this:

Plan A:

(parent) Free account for life
(child) Paid verified account upon approval, after payment
a: can't register/upgrade to this unless they already have a free account.
b: Falls back to free if I don't approve them, or decline them (whatever) manually.

Is this arrangement possible?

Thanks for your help,

Jenni

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #172308 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Moderator approval issue

I just can't get the subscription approval to work on an upgrade or child plan.

My mistake, I assumed you meant for registration. There is no subscription approval. That is registration approval and confirmation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon