Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to disable JComment in CB-registration forms?

• Madan
  • Madan
12 years 9 months ago #172126 by Madan
Hi'ya all!

I'm not really sure if this really qualifies as a CB-question, but I hope it's OK to post it anyway.

I've installed JCE editor and JComments. I've configured JComments so that unregistered users can write comments in the "open parts" of my site; this works just fine.

My problem is that the JComment-buttons appears at CB-registration fields where I'm using "editor text area". This will most certainly make future members a bit confused- and I wouldn't want to risk that!

So my question is: anyone knows how to disable the buttons on specific pages or even disable them in JCE-editor in general?

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WiZaxx
  • WiZaxx
12 years 9 months ago #172172 by WiZaxx
What versions of Joomla, JCE and CB are you using ?

Generally the JCE plugins can be assigned (or not) to a menu. Can you leverage that with your plugin?

Cheers

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #172209 by krileon
Assuming the jComments editor button is just a Joomla plugin you should be able to navigate to Joomlas plugin manager and set the button to Registered instead of Public. At any rate, we don't provide support for 3rd party extensions; please contact jComments regarding your issue or perhaps even JCE regarding editor button control.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon