CB Member points - like AlphaUserPoint

12 years 8 months ago #172593 by lcabezas
CB Member points - like AlphaUserPoint was created by lcabezas
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a plug-in available for CB that is similar to AlphaUserPoint except that instead points (or Units) gotten from certain actions, the Administrator adds it manually.

In effect, when members views their profile, they will see how many units they have accumulated. Usually, they get units when they attend events or convention or by taking certain exam. They won't be able to edit but at-least view accumulated units.

Probably, the administrator and select from a drop down list of events or courses with certain units and simply add.

I assume that there's none here exactly what I need but is this possible and where can I look for CB experts to do it for me if ever?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Member points - like AlphaUserPoint
Nothing as such exists that I am aware. Is there something wrong with using AUP for this? As I understand it allows manual assignment of points as well. You could display those points on profile using the CB Query Field with a query to the AUP database or if AUP supplies a plugin for CB. Alternatively you could just use a read only integer field and update it whenever you feel necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172680 by lcabezas
Replied by lcabezas on topic Re: CB Member points - like AlphaUserPoint
Thank you for the response.

The only issue I have with AUP is that it's too complicated while I only needed giving of points or units. Also, the manual assignment of points requires a lot of steps for an administrator.

I needed simpler for the non-profit organization website that I'm working on and I plan to hand this over to them after.

Do you think there are people here that can do this in CB like a plug-in?

Regards.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172723 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Member points - like AlphaUserPoint
Sorry, am not aware of anything else that does this. You may want to check Joomla.org for other points extensions, but believe AUP is the primarily used one. There's likely others maybe less complicated. The field approach is manual work, but can be done from frontend (cb privacy set field to moderator edit only) or backend (read only). You can also try to locate a contract developer at sites like joomlancers to develop something customized for you. API documentation can be found within the free downloads section as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn