Error

Please login first

Email members after ___ days if _____ is not done

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174948 by byrannewell
I'm trying to make sure my site is active with members that have completed profiles. Here are my goals:

If the profile picture isn't uploaded within (__) days, send them an email telling/asking them to upload one.
If certain custom parts of their profile aren't filled out (__) days after registering, send them an email.
If they don't come visit the site after (___) days, send them an email.

I downloaded the CB Emails Incubator project, but there doesn't seem to be a days delay. Is there anything that you know of that can do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174973 by krileon
CB Emails sends emails after CB triggers, it is not an email scheduler. CB has no API to schedule any such emails or anything of the sort. We've plans to implement a scheduler so delayed/timed emails can be done, but for now there's no such feature available. I recommend CRON tasks or using a newsletter extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #175132 by byrannewell
Yeah, it'd be nice if it were included. I've been looking around regular Joomla extensions, and can't find an email scheduler that targets incomplete profiles. Seems very odd that such an integral piece of a community-based site is missing a component such as that, but c'est la vie.

Not satisfied with not finding what I need, I've hired a programmer to write me the component.

12 years 8 months ago #175175 by krileon

Not satisfied with not finding what I need

We want to implement an email scheduler with release of CB 2.0, but a 1.0 release will not be provided such a feature. It really hasn't been a high demand feature until we released CBSubs where email scheduling became much more apparent. Hopefully what you've developed could be given back to the Joomla community as free or even commercial usage? At any rate hope you're able to accomplish what you're needing!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn