Error

Please login first

Redirecting after logging to proper user sef

12 years 7 months ago #178669 by activha
Hello
My login redirection is index.php?option=com_comprofiler however when a user connects, it is redirected to the standard sef link which is website/menu_alias/ instead of website/menu_alias/username

I need the "username" in the url in order to set up a proper qr code with the correct url

Any ideas to have the right username in the url when redirecting using CB login ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #178731 by krileon
It's working as expected because index.php?option=com_comprofiler doesn't contain the user_id or username as you're going to your own profile. Same can be said if you click any profile link to your own profile and it'll display as like that as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178733 by activha
Yes this is exactly the problem !

The url displayed in this case does not include my profile username, which means that the url decoded by the QR code or any other system will be wrong because it will lead to the standard CB profile page asking to connect instead of the proper user page.

Is there any way to correct this behavior ?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #178756 by krileon

Is there any way to correct this behavior ?

No, there's nothing to correct as it's working as it was designed to. I suppose you could try some sort of 3rd party SEF extension and rewrite all the URLs. A new CB plugin using the onBeforeUserProfileRequest could also do it by checking if the request is to ones own profile and then checking if the URL has the "user" parameter and if it doesn't then redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #179104 by activha
Do you have this request on the redirect plugin ? could you add it ?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #179136 by krileon
I will not be implementing this into CB Redirect, it's designed to be used on any trigger and can not have trigger specific features. CB Redirect is however depreciated and replaced with CB Auto Actions, which allows unlimited conditionals so perhaps it can better suit your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn