[SOLVED] Missing images after SEF enabled.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #179301 by edjec
Since turning on SEF in Joomla, a number of image files did not display. This was solved by adding
http://sitename.com
to the image link. However, there are two very important images I cannot find the source of. Those are of the payment processor image buttons for PayPal and the Mail-in payment button.

The only reference to either of these images I could find was in the processors/paypal/editgateway.xml file and the same file under processors/offline. Adding the http prefix did not solve the issue.

I am also receiving a 404 error shown below that has the menu path imbedded in the link (highlighted in yellow). This would seem to be the problem. Where is this coming from and what file can be edited to correct this?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179346 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Missing images after SEF enabled.
Please ensure $live_site is configured as '' (blank) within your configuration.php file. The images are located at the following path.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/icons/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179361 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Missing images after SEF enabled.
Thanks for the response.

$live_site is blank in the configuration.php file and I am aware of where the images files are located. What I can't seem to locate is the file or files that assign the href link for the images. And I don't understand why the menu path is being added to the image path.

When running Network diagnostics, this is what I receive:
Request:	GET /club-overview/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/icons/cards/cc_big_paypal.gif HTTP/1.0

Referer:	http://vcoa.org/club-overview/become-a-member
Both Request and Referer are adding the menu path club-overview/become-a-member to the image path.

Do you have any idea why this is or where it is coming from?

UPDATE:

When I view the source for this page I found this line in the head section:
  <base href="http://vcoa.org/club-overview/become-a-member" />

This would seem to be the source for the menu path, but where does it come from?

12 years 6 months ago #179373 by krileon
Looks like your template is setting a metatag. Please switch to default Joomla template and confirm if issue persists. Found no traces of such addition in either of my J1.5 or J1.7 test installs. You may want to review your templates index.php file to see if it's adding it directly or if it's a 3rd party extension doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181241 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Missing images after SEF enabled.

Please switch to default Joomla template and confirm if issue persists. Found no traces of such addition in either of my J1.5 or J1.7 test installs.

In switching to the default Purity template and upon completing the Registration, the same thing happens with both the PayPal and Offline image buttons missing.

Note: I solved the PayPal image not displaying issue by redirecting to an image directly from the PayPal site. I never could find the source call for either the PayPal or Offline image. Changing the href link in the edit.gateway.xml file has no effect. Is it possible that these images are called from the encrypted cbpaidsubscriptions.offline.php and cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php files? If so how can I correct the problem?

You may want to review your templates index.php file to see if it's adding it directly or if it's a 3rd party extension doing it.

There is nothing in the index.php file and I can't find anything other than the template css files that have any influence over this area.

I have actually hired an independent Joomla expert/php programmer to help me with this and he has not been able locate the source of the problem either.

Stumped.

12 years 5 months ago #181254 by krileon

Note: I solved the PayPal image not displaying issue by redirecting to an image directly from the PayPal site. I never could find the source call for either the PayPal or Offline image. Changing the href link in the edit.gateway.xml file has no effect. Is it possible that these images are called from the encrypted cbpaidsubscriptions.offline.php and cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php files? If so how can I correct the problem?

The buttons are POSTs generated internally, you can't alter them. That's not the problem however, the problem is the styling of those buttons.

There is nothing in the index.php file and I can't find anything other than the template css files that have any influence over this area.

I have actually hired an independent Joomla expert/php programmer to help me with this and he has not been able locate the source of the problem either.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. There's likely some sort of system plugin injecting the code to your header that's changing the base. Another possibility is some sort of css/js compression plugin, which is always bad.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn