[SOLVED] How to auto-resize photos when users upload ...

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #180421 by IAAF
Is there an extension that provides auto resizing of pictures when users upload images to their CB Profile Gallery? Instead of increasing the size, I would rather reduce the size the picture without user having to manually do before uploading.

I did find somewhere that it was possible to remove the size limitation for a specific user. Can this actually be done? If yes, this would be awesome - even if I could do it for me :-) (the administrator)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180485 by krileon

Is there an extension that provides auto resizing of pictures when users upload images to their CB Profile Gallery? Instead of increasing the size, I would rather reduce the size the picture without user having to manually do before uploading.

Please navigate to CB > Tab Management > Profile Gallery. From there you'll see parameters "Maximum width:", "Maximum height:", "Maximum thumbnail width:", and "Maximum thumbnail height:" that will allow you to change the maximum sizes allowed. Simply change width/height in pixels to your desired limitation.

I did find somewhere that it was possible to remove the size limitation for a specific user. Can this actually be done? If yes, this would be awesome - even if I could do it for me (the administrator)

Size as in file size? Yes it's possible on user by user basis. You'd need to edit the user and on their Profile Gallery tab adjust "Max single upload (KB):" as you feel necessary. You can also change this on a global scale (affecting everyone) at CB > Tab Management > Profile Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #180489 by IAAF
I'm sorry, what I meant was automatically resize the file size. Right now I have the max file size set at 1MB and user is getting error message that his pic exceeds file size. I've never had anyone complain about this before, but now would like to look into this - basically to save space on my server host :-). I want to provide users with ability to upload lots of pics (since we are a Family Research type site). With most of the new cameras now, the file such of pics is huge. I just had one user tell me that he is not going to first 'resize' his pic just to post on our site because that takes up his time. He also said most sites now just automatically resize the file size - and he is right. If you pay for storage space on your host, these types of things do matter. I did see an extension on the joomla site that will resize the file size, but not sure if that would work on CB profile gallery, so that I would try here first.

thanks

12 years 6 months ago #180496 by krileon
No such feature exists in profile gallery, sorry. If your site is designed around having photos then you may want to use a full fledged photo gallery extension instead of profile gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #180584 by IAAF
Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn