[SOLVED] CBSubs and searchability of fields - bug ?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #180670 by gekko_505
Hello there.

There is a phenomenon that i find odd and might actually be a bug:

I'll first explain the scenario:
There are 2, excusive Plans, Plan A is models, and Plan B are Modelhunters.
those 2 plans have different required fileds as you can guess; The difference basically is that the Models have fields that make up a CV ( Curriculum Vitae ), while the Hunters have none of those fields.

Only the Hunters can seach for Models, so there is only one list existig, which is only accesible for Hunters ( realized via URL-parts protection ) and only contains Models ( realized via plan->Integrations->cb field and an extra field on which i can filter i only Models )).

So my Goal is the following:
The Hunters shall be able to seach for all CV-fields.

My Problem is :
Those fields are not contained in the searchform, althou all thise fields are searchable, and in the list i set seachability to "all available fields".

And so far this seems to be the key actually: "Availability"
In order to realize that Hunters don't have the CV-fields in their profile, i set
"CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect" to

A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
- - 1) For other viewers:
- - - - Models
- - 2) For Profile owner himself:
- - - - No: profile owner himself is also restricted

B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions:
- - 1) For other viewers:
- - - - Hunters
- - 2) For Profile owner himself:
- - - - Yes: profile owner can still view his own field

Problem:
All these fileds with these settings do NOT appear in the search in the list.
The rest works fine: only the models have those fields in theit profile. etc.

Observed:
When i now add the Hunters-group to A. 1) availability, than those fields do appear in the seach, which matches the goal
but unfortunately also in the Hunters profile, but which should be avoided.

Resumee:
So maybe - thou trieing thou different kombinations of settings - i just missed something an there acutally is a setting-combo that does realize the trick. I hope so.
In that case: Be so kind an provide some hints, or maybe the solution itself.

Otherwise: Well it might be a lil logic-mistake to perform the search on the available fields, rather then on the "visible" fields. So in that case i'd describe it as a bug.
Or my thoughts on it are buggy(?) :)

Curious about your feedback.
kind regards ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #180714 by krileon
Please try the below configuration and confirm if issue resolved.

A. Field availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, Detailed
Owner Plans controlling field available in profile: Model
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No
Owner Plans controlling field editable (none means not controlled): Model
Still Available for Moderators: Yes
Still Editable for Moderators: Yes

B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: Yes, Detailed
Viewer Plans controlling field visibility by viewer (none means not controlled): Hunter
Viewer Plans controlling field searchable (none means not controlled): Hunter
Still Viewable for Profile Owner himself: No
Still Viewable for Moderators: Yes

The above will first ensure the field is only shown on profile and can only be edited in profile if the profile owner is a model. Next it will ensure the field can only be seen on profile if the viewer is a hunter. Moderators being exempt and can always see/edit the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #182597 by gekko_505
Replied by gekko_505 on topic Re: CBSubs and searchability of fields - bug ?
Seems to work and have solved the Problem !

Thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn