[SOLVED] UE_Menu: separating tabs and managing connections

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #180755 by raniko
Hello again. Sorry for the multiple posts today, but trying to work out my overall strategy for connections/templates/private messaging solutions.

1) Is it possible to create a separate tab/menu item only for "Request Connection" similar to how UUEID provides a tab for "Send Private Message"?

2) Is it possible to create multiple cb menus (ue_menu's)? i.e., one for each user group? I think that would be the only way I can get the tabs/fields protection to work correctly. I have a number of groups/plans, each can be seen by the other but only some can connect with each other.... Same concept applies to the PMS. I think my only option is to create unique menus so that each group can can act as "owner" individually so that I can set each one with specific "viewers".

3)How can I disable the compose tab in the UUED IM menu?

Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180813 by krileon

1) Is it possible to create a separate tab/menu item only for "Request Connection" similar to how UUEID provides a tab for "Send Private Message"?

Suppose you could examine the HTML of the link, copy it to a delimiter field, then add substitutions where necessary. Not the best approach (API in a new plugin), but certainly the easiest and quickest. Example of the source as follows.
<a name="cbAddConn" onclick="return overlib('Personalize your invitation to connect by adding a message that will be included with your connection.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;form action=&quot;index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;act=connections&amp;task=addConnection&amp;connectionid=[user_id]&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; id=&quot;connOverForm&quot; name=&quot;connOverForm&quot;&gt;Message:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;textarea cols=&quot;40&quot; rows=&quot;8&quot; name=&quot;message&quot;&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;input type=&quot;button&quot; class=&quot;inputbox&quot; onclick=&quot;cbConnSubmReq();&quot; value=&quot;Submit&quot; /&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;input type=&quot;button&quot; class=&quot;inputbox&quot; onclick=&quot;cClick();&quot;  value=&quot;Cancel&quot; /&gt;&lt;/form&gt;', STICKY, CAPTION,'Connect to [username]', CENTER,CLOSECLICK,CLOSETEXT,'CLOSE',WIDTH,350, ANCHOR,'cbAddConn',CENTERPOPUP,'LR','UR');" href="javascript:void(0)">Request Connection</a>

Have already replaced the users id and their name with the [user_id] and [username] substitutions. This likely will only work on users profiles. Probably needs further changes to fit your needs and of course isn't multilingual without new language definitions. It also isn't conditional like CB Menu where it changes based off current connection status.

2) Is it possible to create multiple cb menus (ue_menu's)? i.e., one for each user group? I think that would be the only way I can get the tabs/fields protection to work correctly. I have a number of groups/plans, each can be seen by the other but only some can connect with each other.... Same concept applies to the PMS. I think my only option is to create unique menus so that each group can can act as "owner" individually so that I can set each one with specific "viewers".

CB Menu can't be duplicated. You could have what you're wanting with a new plugin to use similar API to render it however you please.

What is UUED IM menu? We've no such thing. CB Menu will show a PM link, is that to which you are referring?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185905 by CarlosEVC

krileon wrote:

Suppose you could examine the HTML of the link, copy it to a delimiter field, then add substitutions where necessary. Not the best approach (API in a new plugin), but certainly the easiest and quickest. Example of the source as follows.
<a name="cbAddConn" onclick="return overlib('Personalize your invitation to connect by adding a message that will be included with your connection.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;form action=&quot;index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;act=connections&amp;task=addConnection&amp;connectionid=[user_id]&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; id=&quot;connOverForm&quot; name=&quot;connOverForm&quot;&gt;Message:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;textarea cols=&quot;40&quot; rows=&quot;8&quot; name=&quot;message&quot;&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;input type=&quot;button&quot; class=&quot;inputbox&quot; onclick=&quot;cbConnSubmReq();&quot; value=&quot;Submit&quot; /&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;input type=&quot;button&quot; class=&quot;inputbox&quot; onclick=&quot;cClick();&quot;  value=&quot;Cancel&quot; /&gt;&lt;/form&gt;', STICKY, CAPTION,'Connect to [username]', CENTER,CLOSECLICK,CLOSETEXT,'CLOSE',WIDTH,350, ANCHOR,'cbAddConn',CENTERPOPUP,'LR','UR');" href="javascript:void(0)">Request Connection</a>

Have already replaced the users id and their name with the [user_id] and [username] substitutions. This likely will only work on users profiles. Probably needs further changes to fit your needs and of course isn't multilingual without new language definitions. It also isn't conditional like CB Menu where it changes based off current connection status.

CB Menu can't be duplicated. You could have what you're wanting with a new plugin to use similar API to render it however you please.

What is UUED IM menu? We've no such thing. CB Menu will show a PM link, is that to which you are referring?

I am trying to have the same result, as geting a link directly inserted into the profile view for requesting connection to users. I have tried the following in a delimiter but it does not show anything:
[menu style="color:#1E5FA2;" caption="Agregar como amigo" img=""] _UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTIONREQUEST[/menu]

Is it possible this way?

12 years 4 months ago #185945 by krileon
What's with the menu tag? CB has no substitution for menu links. There's no easy way to add a request connection dialog outside of CB Menu aside from what I've supplied in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185954 by CarlosEVC
Well, my starting point was these.

[menu style="color:#1E5FA2;" caption="Actualizar foto" img=""] _UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEAVATAR [/menu] [menu style="color:#1E5FA2;" caption="| Configurar perfil" img=""] _UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEPROFILE[/menu]

I thought the menu tag covered the connection request also. Are there any ather tags that can be used under Delimiter field. If not, would suggest for next release. They are easy to understand for people who are not very familiar with programing :)

12 years 4 months ago #185971 by krileon
What substitutions can be used can be found in my tutorial below.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

You can substitute in the entire CB Menu tab, but not an individual link from it and no I do not see that ever being a substitution possibility as you should construct the HTML manually (no real way to make it a substitution, sorry).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn