CB Emails / CB Code

12 years 5 months ago #181482 by gekko_505
CB Emails / CB Code was created by gekko_505
Hi there.

I have a question that applies to CB Emails and to CB Code in the same way:

And specifically appies to the case, when the case comes to triiggers from connections:

In this case the event/trigger "onAfterAcceptConnection"

In my case, i need data from both parties: the connector AND the connected.

Is such possible ? And if yes: how ?

And btw: the explanation that stands besides ("Select if user object should be automatically obtained from trigger variables, if manually selected variable should be used (e.g. function login( $var1, $var2, $var3 ) {...), if user executing the trigger, or if specified user id should be used." ... I'm not that sure i got that right. Is there any Manual or so for all those several Addons u provide ? I've searched for such, but didnt find any ...

Kind Regards :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181566 by gekko_505
Replied by gekko_505 on topic Re: CB Emails / CB Code
OK, what i basicalls want to do is:

When a user of Plan B accepts a mutual connection of requester of Plan A,
Then i want that event to trigger a mail, that sends userdeteails of the accepter Plan B to the requester ( Plan A ).

To assure that process only gets triggered when requester is Plan A and accepter is Plan B i use the condition in CB Email / CB Code.

Now i can of cource realize thatt with CB Code, that much is clear and good,
but if possible, i'd prefere to realize that goal with CB Emails, cuz that woudlnt require external scripts/scripting. But i'm not sure that is possible at all. Actually i think its not possible, cuz one can only retrieve ONE userobject, but mybe thate are ways i just didn't figure out yet, and that's what i'm asking...

Greetings,
mee

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181569 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Emails / CB Code
What you'll need is a custom CB plugin utilizing that trigger to meet your needs (see tutorials in my signature on how to use triggers and a working example). CB Emails and CB Code only prepares the first user object it sees or as is specified by the User parameter. Meaning it only grabs 1 user for substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181597 by gekko_505
Replied by gekko_505 on topic Re: CB Emails / CB Code
ok, thanks for that clear statement and especially too for the links tot eh example.

Anyway your answer raises one more short question:
In my case with the "onAfterAcceptConnection" event in combination with "CB Code":

The substitutions ( like [name] etc ) work with the one userobject, OK so far.
But is ist by chance somehow possible to also substitute or retrieve the event-specific parameters that get passes to the eventHandler ?
( In my case that would be enough to get me wthat i nedd; In this case the parameter of interest is the connection-id that gets passes to the handler; )

possible/retiervable or not ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Cheers

12 years 5 months ago #181604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Emails / CB Code

But is ist by chance somehow possible to also substitute or retrieve the event-specific parameters that get passes to the eventHandler ?

No. It's true the trigger has multiple userids, but the plugin isn't designed to handle them as it only parses out 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds