So I've got a odd issue (no where left to go)

12 years 5 months ago #181520 by Memeltu
www.manafest.info is my site use the following the see what i mean, in the following.

demo13
demo13

I'VE NOTICED:
Before you log in, you will see that:
upon mouse hover of "Manafest" (on the Pill menu next to "Connect")= Joomla Star (VM Categories, or CB User Search, matters not what its pointing to)
the URL will load to manafest.info (excluding the wwww)

Upon you logging in, sometimes @ random the same ("Manafest"), does then point to the www.manafest.info ... howerver sometimes after logging in, it doesn't...

Either way, IF I click the default Joomla Page, after being logged in, it gives the end user the impression they are logged out, eg the log in module is now at sign in, and other modules are hidden. More Over, if I'm at that point and I can click another available link, sometimes pointing to www. sometimes non-www., and then upon its load I can see registered user modules again.

If a user is on their profile page but the URL doesn't have the www. then their mp3's are no longer loading into their mp3 player on their tab.

I had this happen to me 1 other time, but then it just randomly stopped happening.

I'm running

J - 1.5.23
MySQL- 5.0.45
PHP- 5.2.12
CB- 1.7
VM- 1.1.9

Something very odd is going on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181581 by krileon
www.site.com and site.com are most definitely not the same and will absolutely kill any cookies or sessions so would appear the user is logged out when switching from one to the other; meaning that is working as expected.

The problem seams to be some URLs set in your menu are incorrectly created. Are you using external menu links? If so remove the domain entirely and begin with index.php. Recommend reviewing the problematic links exactly.

If you're using 3rd party SEF please also disable it and see if your issue is resolved. It's possible it is rewriting URLs incorrectly.

Another solution is you can add a mod_rewrite rule in htaccess if you're using SEF to rewrite all www to be without it. Then also add a redirect rule to redirect away from www to non-www version of your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn