Configuring Birthday in CB

12 years 5 months ago #181571 by egab
Configuring Birthday in CB was created by egab
I am trying to get a Birthday Module for Joomla 1.7 to work and have found mod_uzbirthdays which is supposed to be compatible with CB.

I know you don't support third party plug ins, but I had a question about birday configuration on CB.

The module appears to work except that it is not showing any birthdays.

In the CB field manager I have Birthdays set to Green checks in all fields except required.

I noticed that you can enter the birthday any way you want. Its just a text field. I am entering it as mm.dd.yyyy, the same way as I have the birthday module set, but I'm wondering if there is somewhere else that I should be configuring the birthday field in order for the module to recognize it.
Thanks
Julie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181661 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Configuring Birthday in CB
Strange, When I created in my cb 1.7.(1) my cb_birthday field, I had the possibility to choose a date field with a lot of options. Did you see that?

I use this module and it shows me the names and the dates of the next. birthdays.
I think you should go on and make a new try

12 years 5 months ago #181755 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Configuring Birthday in CB
Sounds as if the module perhaps created the field for you? At any rate please contact the author of your module for proper installation and configuration support. CB doesn't have birthday fields, but it has Date fields which allows users to supply a date and you can configure the field to display that date as Age if you prefer. If your date fields are showing a single checkbox without the calendar next to it or as drop-downs it's possible you've CB configured to use the old calendar from CB > Configuration > General or there is a fatal JS error in your browser error log preventing the calendar JS from executing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn