some code on top of profile page

12 years 5 months ago #181786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: some code on top of profile page
Have reviewed your install and your issue is due to "System - jFinalizer". I've disabled this for you and confirmed resolved. Please also confirm is resolved. I don't recommend using JS/CSS compression extensions as they tend to cause problems just like this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181815 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: some code on top of profile page
Hello,

Yes, I can confirm that issue was due to both js/css compression. jFinalizer has a option to opt out js or css files from being processed. I tried to opt out the files inside cb profilebook plugin but did not solve the issue fully. It would be a choise between cbprofilebook and jfinalizer and will have to decide when site is complete. Thank you again.

12 years 5 months ago #181893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: some code on top of profile page
I don't recommend using compression at all. You will see very little performance gain, but more importantly you will have issues as it's carelessly merging files together to provide a single file for clients to download. Anyone on anything above dial-up/wireless will literally see no difference unless the host is slow and can't serve the files efficiently. Any sort of compression should always be done from the server through PHP (couple extensions available that do it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn