Redirect to registration page

12 years 5 months ago #181723 by bradley568
Redirect to registration page was created by bradley568
Hello,
I'm wondering how I can set up my site to direct users to a registration page if the area they are trying to access is restricted? For example, I want a section that can only be viewed by registered members. I don't want to hide the menu option because I'd like people to click on it and if they are not logged in, I want them to see the registration page.

Is there a way to do this so that all my restricted areas are automatically redirected to the user registration page?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181761 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Redirect to registration page
You'd need a Joomla system plugin to redirect away from the access denied page to CBs registration page. A few of these exist for J1.5, but if you're on J1.7 I'm not aware of any. All of which can be found on Joomla.org extension directory. Example as follows for J1.5.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/authentication/1236

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn