Strange Profile Gallery behavior

12 years 5 months ago #181847 by val1723
Strange Profile Gallery behavior was created by val1723
Hello,

For some reason when looking at the images on my profile gallery, some images show well and others show as blank jpg icons:

theworldartistnetwork.org/jupgrade/index.php/en/artists/artworks

I tried rewriting the database (dropped table) with a backup copy from the J1.5 website I still have live, while working on this 1.6 website. And that didn't do it.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Joomla 1.6.6
CB 1.7 (I will be working on upgrading to 1.7.1, but I doubt that is causing the problem)
CB Gallery 1.2

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181867 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Strange Profile Gallery behavior
perhaps the jpg format is not configured in your gallery tab parameters as a valid image format? (this way it is considered as a file)

12 years 5 months ago #181935 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re: Strange Profile Gallery behavior
I have the tab setup for both images and files, but I do have jpg listed in the "image file list" and not in the "other file list". But I tried also operating it with images only and nothing changes.

Could it be a sizing issue at all?

12 years 5 months ago #181978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Strange Profile Gallery behavior
The module does this if a file_exists check fails on the image. I noticed it's on a jupgrade install. Is this problem present on the original install of your site? It's possible jupgrade didn't migrate all the files properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #182010 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re: Strange Profile Gallery behavior
The problem isn't present on the original site. Is there a way to repair this without performing the upgrade again? I've had so many issues with this upgrade that I had to redo the whole thing about 4 times already.

Could I copy the files from the existing site to the jupgrade site via ftp, and then do a database drop and insert? Would that fix it?

12 years 5 months ago #182031 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Strange Profile Gallery behavior
I would guess that the thumbnail images have not been transferred to you new site.

Look in you images -> com_profiler -> plug_profilegallery -> id#

folders and make sure the tnpg_ files have been transferred.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn