[SOLVED] Possible Issue with Fields/Tabs became hidden!!!

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181944 by ala7lam
Hi,

I am working on a project and I needed some fields for social networks. Everything was working fine, but then, I needed to delete those fields and recreate them using different settings. Everything seemed fine, but, today, I noticed something odd. The new fields are working fine. However, the old fields now decided to show themselves in the registration page without me having anyway to disable them, because I already deleted them.

I checked my DB using Navicat and I noticed that the fields that I deleted are still in the DB. Further, the tab that they were assigned to is there as well while not showing in the Tab area of CB (Please Check Attachment for Screenshots).

I did a check on DB, Fields, etc.. through the Tools part of CB in the backend, and everything is showing fine (Green). I do recall however that yesterday or the day before, there were a problem somewhere and CB said that it was fixed. I can't confirm if this problem happened after that though.

Now, I am hoping that this problem doesn't happen again, but I need to get rid of those fields that decided to show on the registration page. So my question is, is it safe to do the following directly on the DB:
1) Delete those fields rows on the DB.
2) Delete the hidden tab from the DB.
3) Delete Columns on members table for the deleted fields.

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181977 by krileon
Very likely they weren't actually deleted properly. Please provide CB version. If not done yet please upgrade to CB 1.7.1.

1) Delete those fields rows on the DB.
2) Delete the hidden tab from the DB.
3) Delete Columns on members table for the deleted fields.

If you're absolutely sure that's them then yes it's fine to delete the rows/columns directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #181999 by ala7lam
Thanks for reassuring me Krileon, I'll just delete them manually. I have no idea what could have caused the delete to behave like that.

And yes, sorry I forgot to mention I am on CB 1.7.1

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

12 years 5 months ago #182091 by krileon
Please do let us know if it happens again as could not confirm your issue in 3 of my installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #182098 by ala7lam
Will do :). Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn