[#3041] An error message is never translated

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183220 by yann.fr
Hello,

The message "No changes." is never translated, even if it is present in the file .../xx-xx/cbteamplugins_language.php.

The message is displayed by
CBTxt::T("No changes.")
in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: An error message is never translated
What is being done to result in the message displaying so may attempt to duplicate. Don't see a reason why it wouldn't translate unless the string was duplicated further down in your language files resulting in your change being overridden.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183274 by yann.fr
Replied by yann.fr on topic Re: An error message is never translated
In the configuration, "Ajax Email checker" must be "yes".

Update the profile.
In "Contact info" correct email address by entering the same value.
The following message is displayed, regardless of the language.
'No changes.'

And even if I change the content of the file "admin_language.php" of the "default_language", the display is always the same.

12 years 5 months ago #183298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: An error message is never translated
Seams to be working fine in all my tests on CB 1.7.1.
// CB 1.4 Validations:
'No changes.'							=>	'No changes. - PASS',

Based off your other posts I believe you've some serious language plugin problems going on. For example if you've the CB English language plugin installed then change strings in the default_language files you'll see no change. If the English language plugin is installed you need to translate in en-gb.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #183639 by yann.fr
There an error in the code of CB.

In the code of the "cbimport" of "plugin.fundation.php", when the parameter $lib is "langage.cbteamplugins".

The consequence is that the language file "xx-xx/cbteamplugins_language.php" is never imported.

See also : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/183474-mauvaise-installation-des-plugins-de-langue

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183649 by yann.fr
After better research ...

cbimport ('language.cbteamplugins')
seems never called.

A solution.
In "cb.core.php" line 2009
replace:
function fieldClass( &$field, &$user, &$postdata, $reason ) {
global $_CB_framework, $_CB_database, $ueConfig, $_GET;

parent::fieldClass( $field, $user, $postdata, $reason );