[SOLVED] Google Conversion Tracking

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183735 by pdgjohn
[SOLVED] Google Conversion Tracking was created by pdgjohn
Looked through the forums and found this thread:

Auto Action Failed to Save

Cannot tell if it worked or not for the user. I need the same thing a conversion code only appearing on the Thank You page after registration. Any ideas?

So far I have tried an Auto Action using Code that Gets a file on the server afterUserRegistration with the tracking code but does not seem to be working.

Do I need to redirect to a different thank you page or is there a way to redirect after the thank you page appears? If I do that then I should be able to insert the code directly into that page without using the Auto Action code.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Google Conversion Tracking
CB Auto Actions is performing an HTTP GET, it does not display anything on page. Often Google is powered with JS so in this scenario it won't do anything. You're probably going to need a custom CB plugin to accomplish your needs. You could use that same trigger with an action type of Redirect and redirect to a Joomla content article where your tracking is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183759 by pdgjohn
Replied by pdgjohn on topic Re: Google Conversion Tracking
I have CBSubs running so the redirect doesn't work onAfterReg or onAfterRegemail because it does not provide the payment form.

Is there an action or anything I can perform on the redirect or a conditional statement to redirect after the Payment form displays and is processed?

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183762 by pdgjohn
Or the CB Register form where the thank you message is pulled and displayed? What file is that located in as I can enter the tracking code there because it is what the user wants for this project if I lose it on upgrade it won't matter that much at this point.

12 years 5 months ago #183788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Google Conversion Tracking
The thank you page is displaying a language string. You should be able to add your tracking code (if just HTML for example) to the language string and that should work. Next release of CB Auto Actions will have an "Execute" action that'll let you execute inline PHP/JS/JQUERY/CSS. The only trigger executed before the thank you page is onAfterUserRegistrationMailsSent, which you could try and see if will meet your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183801 by pdgjohn
Nevermind.. not the best solution but was able to place the code into each plan's registration thank you message area.

Appears to be working. Will post for sure if it works as the solution was by far the simplest of everything I tried.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn