Is there a way to limit Merchandise quantity?

12 years 5 months ago #183971 by ala7lam
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to limit Merchandise quantity for those of us not using it only for online access/product download?

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184022 by krileon
Yes, please see the parameter "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted):" on the Pricing tab of your merchandise plan. This should allow you to limit the number of occurrences (purchases).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184028 by ala7lam
I assumed that this is to limit it for the user itself, or does it limit it for everyone? At least that's what I understood from the tooltip.

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

12 years 5 months ago #184064 by krileon
CBSubs currently doesn't have quantity management. You can however disable a plan using the below database query as part of the CBSubs SQL Actions "Activation" parameter. This would set the merchandise plan to no longer accept new subscriptions after a number of purchases. It's not a easy to use parameter, which would be more ideal, but it'll certainly do the job.
UPDATE `#__cbsubs_plans` SET `allow_newsubscriptions` = 0 WHERE `id` = [plan_id] AND ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__cbsubs_merchandises` WHERE `plan_id` = [plan_id] AND `status` = 'A' ) > QUANTITY

With the above simply replace QUANTITY with the number of active purchases you want to limit it to. For example set it to 5 and after 5 active purchases of the merchandise plan it will set the plan to no longer accept subscriptions so no one else can further purchase it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ala7lam, pureinsight

12 years 5 months ago #184142 by ala7lam
Excellent, I'll give this a try :) And I do hope this gets in as a feature in CBSubs, so it can be used more easily for Events Registration, etc... Unless you or someone else have a better way of doing it with CBSubs :).

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn