[SOLVED] no invitation email received using "GJ invites"

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184089 by forcedk
Hi,
I am using joomla1.7.3, CB 1.7.1 and GJ2.4.

when i want to invite someone who is neither my connection nor the registered user to one group by email, I get the message in the frontend, "Invite sent successfully!",but no email received in the reception mailbox.

Thank you so much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184103 by krileon
Are emails working at all from your site? For example do registration emails send? Does Mass Mailer work from CB > User Management? Big determining factor could be that emails may not be working at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184247 by forcedk
Thank you to receive your help.
After I set "Allow User Registration" to yes in the CB configuration,it works. But i can not invite someone who is neither my connection nor the registered user to my group, because the people I invited have to login first. So,must the person be the registered user first ?

Another question. The invite plugin from the incubator can not send email normally, and I searched through the form to find the resolution, but failed. if I hope that people can join my site only by invitation at first, what can I do?

12 years 4 months ago #184273 by krileon

So,must the person be the registered user first ?

Yes of course. The user must be completely registered to use GJ and accept GJ group invites.

Another question. The invite plugin from the incubator can not send email normally, and I searched through the form to find the resolution, but failed. if I hope that people can join my site only by invitation at first, what can I do?

There's a few issues currently present in CB Invites that may cause emails to fail at any rate it still won't meet your needs. A person can not join your site by an email only. They must go through the registration process or have an existing account they can login with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184367 by forcedk
Thank you for your help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn