Auto create account from a URL post/get

12 years 5 months ago #184149 by cbasista
Auto create account from a URL post/get was created by cbasista
I am getting ready to launch my new website which will be using CB. I advertise my website with partner websites currently who post data in the form of a URL to generate new user signups for visitors who opt-in. I am looking for help to get CB to do the following:

- A website sends a URL containing querystring data with signup information: fname, lname, email, ip address of user signing up.

- CB/Joomla would need to take the URL, parse it for each field, and then add the user to the database if the Email address is not yet already registered. If they exist already, it doesn't add them, but still logs the info in another table.

- CB/Joomla would add the received data to another table, with a field value indicating if the user was created, or if they were an existing user.

Is there a way to get CB to do this, or is there a way I could pay for a custom script to be developed to handle this automated setup?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto create account from a URL post/get
You'd need to develop a new CB plugin to do this as CBs registration has anti-spam so external POST requests to it won't do anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184218 by cbasista
Replied by cbasista on topic Re: Auto create account from a URL post/get
Do you know who I could reach out to regarding custom development?

12 years 4 months ago #184266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto create account from a URL post/get
You can try sites like Joomlancers. You can also try developing it your self by reviewing existing plugins and the API documentation (in Free downloads section). Tutorials within my signature also touch base on some of the APIs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn