CBSubs hide fields with Tabs/Field Plugin

12 years 4 months ago #184257 by dotcom22
hello

I wondering if is possible to set some specific field to be hidden from public view (both for profile owner and viewer) but to keep always displayed field on Edit Owner profile.

In fact I would like always allow some specific Plan member to provide/edit some info for internal use (and so to allow them to edit those data) but without display publicly on profile view.

After some test it seem is not possible because if I set some restrictions for hide a field or a Tab (using available CBSubs plugin setting present inside any CB field or Tab), all restricted stuff will be hidden from View provile AND Edit profile.

Any solution?? Or maybe is possible but my setup is wrong...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184259 by nant
if you just mark the CB field to not show on profile?

12 years 4 months ago #184262 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs hide fields with Tabs/Field Plugin
yes but doing this will result in hide the field from profile view for all Plan and me I would like hide only for a specific plan..

12 years 4 months ago #184278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs hide fields with Tabs/Field Plugin
Ensure CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection is installed then edit your field from CB > Field Management. Once there configure as necessary. I can provide configuration with more details of your needs. For example do you want the field to show/hide on profile based off the profile owners subscription or based off the user viewing the profile?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184284 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs hide fields with Tabs/Field Plugin
I would like hide the field from View profile for both Owner and Viewer based on subscription of Owner. That mean nobody must see this field from View profile except the owner but only from Edit profile data.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs hide fields with Tabs/Field Plugin
I see, please try the below configuration as it should meet your needs.

A. Field availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed field access
Owner Plans controlling field available in profile: YOUR PLAN
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted
Owner Plans controlling field editable (none means not controlled): BLANK
Still Available for Moderators: Yes: field available for moderators
Still Editable for Moderators: Yes: moderators can edit field
B. Field visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings

The above should ensure the profile owner is subscribed to YOUR PLAN in order for anyone else or themselves to see the field on their profile. It has no protection for profile edit so they could always edit the field. Moderators are exempt and can always see and edit the field so ensure you test with a normal Registered user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn