Migrating to Joomla 1.7

12 years 4 months ago #185888 by drdehart
Migrating to Joomla 1.7 was created by drdehart
Is there a procedure to migrate CB/CBsubs/GJ from our J1.5 site to a new J1.7 site?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Migrating to Joomla 1.7
Not really, it's a painful process migrating. You'll need to export and re-import your CB users though and for that I recommend CB Juice.

I use direct database manipulation, but I don't really recommend that.

I believe jUpgrade supports CB though and should allow for pretty painless migration. You may need to go through and re-set some of the access permissions as the ACL changed quite a bit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185978 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Migrating to Joomla 1.7
we tried using jupgrade - it created a new instance and some of the components came though alright (like Kunena), but none of the CB components did. We got the error screen attached and none of the CB components made it through.
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #186028 by krileon
You'll need to contact them about that, sorry. Like I said migration is a nightmare and there's no getting around data loss, you will lose some data. I've always installed CB then directly copied over my CB database tables. Once done I exported from _users, used REGEX to mass modify the export file, re-imported my users. Now that the users exist I manually exported and re-imported the usergroups mapping database table. It's a lot of manual database work, but has zero user loss. I don't recommend this approach unless you've very good experience with database usage otherwise please use migration tools and CB Juice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186052 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Migrating to Joomla 1.7
Thanks - so I assume we have to manually migrate CBsubs and GJ data as well? Can you suggest a sequence for the key pieces (CB, CBsubs, GJ, and Kunena)?

12 years 4 months ago #186081 by krileon
As long as user_ids remain the same you can quite literally copy and paste your CB, CBSubs, and GJ database tables. jUpgrade I hear does pretty well moving _users and their ACL while keeping user_id so you may want to move the users first then database export and database import your CB, GJ, and CBSubs tables.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn