CB friends needs a better layout

12 years 4 months ago #185966 by jakobe75
CB friends needs a better layout was created by jakobe75
With Facebook becoming so popular and fast to use.

We need to be able to mimic some of its most common and basic tasks on our smaller social networks.

The current friends list/ connections system on CB is not what I would expect for a profile component as advanced as CB...it seems to be in the dark ages with no way to organize or find users unless you cycle through the entire list. It takes up valuable screen space...and runs a little slow.

I have well over 300 connections on my list...finding one user seems impossible,
no search no alphabetization. Not even an option for gird view or anything.

I find myself adding friends and then never hitting that tab again and relying on the search function to find them again (if I remember their name)

Has anyone made a new layout or plugin for this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185974 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB friends needs a better layout
It'll be completely rewritten with release of CB 2.0 gaining many of the features users are familiar with on other sites (such as searching for example). Am not aware of a rewrite unfortunately, sorry. You could use an advanced filter on a userlist that shows a userlist of just the viewing users friends.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn