[SOLVED] Users Search list

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185994 by jusone
[SOLVED] Users Search list was created by jusone
Hi,

Please assist...

I'm looking for a way to have a search users homepage that leads to a user list. For example the search part of the users list to be separate from the users list on a different page.

Joomla 1.7
CB 1.7

Is there a way I can get this done?

Looking forward to your advise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users Search list

Is there a way I can get this done?

Nope, search and display for userlists is done on same page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jusone

12 years 4 months ago #186061 by jusone
Replied by jusone on topic Re: Users Search list
Thanks,

Is it possible to get the user list to first bring up the user search part without the list and only bring up the list when you click "find users"?

12 years 4 months ago #186079 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users Search list
Yes, if you're on Joomla 1.7 due to a Joomla bug (doesn't parse manifest properly) you'll need to take the URL given to you while editing the userlist and create an external menu link with it. It should have 2 links for you with 1 being searchmode and 1 being the userlist. Using the searchmode URL it'll display just the search with no results then when a user searches it'll display the results below it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186083 by jusone
Replied by jusone on topic Re: Users Search list
Perfect, you the best krileon, that was really stupid of me.

Thanks a mil!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn