Am I missing something?

12 years 4 months ago #186116 by insightcreative
Am I missing something? was created by insightcreative
Hi All

I just purchased an advanced membership and then upgraded to a professional membership. What I wanted was the CB Connect but I can't for the life of me work out how to download it.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Regards

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186124 by Big Tom
Replied by Big Tom on topic Re: Am I missing something?
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbconnect

Via download, under professional go to the incubator forge area then log in and click on the plugin name in the left column. Pretty cumbersome, but it will get you there.
By the way - Google and Facebook both will end this authentication service end of the year as I have learned aftet paying the same route that you did... kind of disappointing seeing them advertise a functionality that will go away in a few days.

For me, the cb-connect was the only reason to upgrade to the professional version and I kind of regret that decision, especially as the 2.0 version is full of bugs that make it even worse than the products you get in the advanced section (e.g. e-mails incorrect, redirect does not work). I am pretty unhappy and expected more for the money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: insightcreative

12 years 4 months ago #186133 by insightcreative
Replied by insightcreative on topic Re: Am I missing something?
Thanks for that.

I agree, that is a bit naughty. I upgraded for the same reason. If I'd known, I would have renewed my Jomsocial membership which would only have cost me $75.

Andy

12 years 4 months ago #186136 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Am I missing something?
Kyle needs to verify this (will probably do this on the discussion her as soon as he is back online).

I believe that Facebook announced that it will be dropping its older API in favor of the new OAuth standard.
This standard is already supported by the latest CB Facebook Connect 1.7 (and 1.6) release as announced here:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18239-cb-facebook-connect-16-released

Please note that CB Connect 2.0 also supports this standards as announced here:
www.joomlapolis.com/news/18238-cb-connect-20-released

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186167 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Am I missing something?
CB Connect 2.0.1 has been released and resolves all known issues. If you've any further problems after upgrading please let me know.

Google Friend Connect is being depreciated because Google is choosing to discontinue it. I did not know this a year ago when making this plugin so please do not attack me for Googles decision. I do not agree with their decision in any way, but I've no choice but to comply with it. They are replacing it with Google+ Connect and of course the plugin will receive Google+ Connect when the API is made available.

Facebook is not being depreciated (apologize for the confusion, I've updated the forge ticket to be less confusing). FBML usage is, because Facebook has chosen to remove it. Again, nothing I can do about this and again not my decision. This only affects the "Invite", "Name", and "Picture" social plugins as created in Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn