Search module connected to...anything ?

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186242 by crony
Hello,

I would like to know if you are planning a proper search module/plugin system, including search within field query into the profiles, with fields searchable with other stuffs than keywords.
I mean selectboxes, radio, etc...

As far as I've been with the search lists, it seems a bit limited for my needs.(keyword + select box + multi select box for instance )

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search module connected to...anything ?
CB 2.x will receive a rewrite to userlists, but I don't know if there's any plans to provide a search module to act on those userlists. It's certainly something to consider however as many have asked for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186312 by crony
Any possible release date for a CB 2.x ?
I mean even if a search module is not natively included, it might be easier to develop on top of it, and to maintain...
Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

12 years 4 months ago #186313 by crony
Looking at this url:
templates.joomlapolis.com/demo/mycommunity/j15/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=55&limitstart=0&search=&cbsecuritym3=cbm_49f938d2_573662bb_5afdad2a27bfd712f26020de06a63ace&listid=6&username__srmch=&username=&cb_bdate__srmch=&cb_bdate__minval=19&cb_bdate__maxval=76&cb_gender__srmch=&cb_location__srmch=&cb_location=

I may have forgot some CB features...
Could you please tell me if I may use select fields populated with my values ?
Like :

red
blue
yellow

Then, just declare the field into search user, and be allowed to search ?

Thanks

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

12 years 4 months ago #186328 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search module connected to...anything ?

Any possible release date for a CB 2.x ?

No idea, other tasks continued to pile up so it's pushed development. We've plans to begin official fully force development on CB 2.x beginning of January.

Could you please tell me if I may use select fields populated with my values ?
Like :

red
blue
yellow

Then, just declare the field into search user, and be allowed to search ?

If I understand correctly you want to supply a drop-down of values to search on say a Text field. If is the case then unfortunately no. You can however within CB > Field Management create a select drop-down of the values of your choosing. Users can then edit their profiles and select a value, which you could then add to your userlist so users could then search by that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn