[SOLVED] Admins cannot edit profiles in frontend

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186244 by ThePiston
I can't get any Group to be able to edit a profile - even SuperUser.

Details:
- this is a migration from 1.5.25 to 1.7.3
- I deleted Manager and Administrator Groups
- I added a child group of Registered called "Officers"
- I've tried setting the Mod Group in CB to both Officers as well as SuperUser but still no Profile editing allowed
- I've set "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to both "CB Group" and "Admin/SuperAdmin" to no avail

I've seen this issue before too with Lists. When I set the viewing access of a List to "Officers" even SuperAdmin didn't have access even though my "Special" access group has both Officers and SuperUser in it. It's like deleting Manager and Admin groups has made CB stop functioning correcting with my new Groups.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Admins cannot edit profiles in frontend
There's still known ACL issues. Please see forge for resolved tickets and their patches (some come with pre-patched CB 1.7.1 files).

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues

For future reference never delete default ACL groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186283 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: Admins cannot edit profiles in frontend

krileon wrote: For future reference never delete default ACL groups.

I know this is outside of CB, but why? I create sites for clients that have no ned to be confused by those extraneous groups.

This is all I need:
- Public
- | Public Only
- Registered
- | Officers
- SuperUser

In the future I'll need to create some complex groups and accesses. Is CB built on the default Joomla accecss groups?

** for reference, I believe it's this patch: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3000

12 years 4 months ago #186294 by ThePiston
Is this patch working? I patched the file and added "Web Admin" as a 2nd child under "Registered".

- Public
- | Public Only
- Registered
- | Officers
- | Web Admin
- SuperUser

I set my Lists to "Officers" with new patch but when I log in as Web Admin I am not authorized to view them. In my Access settings for Web Admin I am set to view Registered, Officers, and Web Admin.

12 years 4 months ago #186324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Admins cannot edit profiles in frontend

In the future I'll need to create some complex groups and accesses. Is CB built on the default Joomla accecss groups?

Many extensions expect the defaults. CB for example maps the defaults to help determine who belongs to Administrator, Manager, and Super Users. If they're missing or you attempt to replace them with custom ones it can act wonky as CB doesn't utilize Assets as of yet (planned for CB 2.x).

Is this patch working? I patched the file and added "Web Admin" as a 2nd child under "Registered".

You should apply the below in the below exact order.

1: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3038
2: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3044
3: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3000

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186351 by ThePiston
any way you can bundle those new files into a zip so I can upload them?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn