Problem with auto-newsletter and CB Query fields

12 years 4 months ago #187114 by krileon
Your CB Query Field isn't returning anything if the user has privacy set? How is your query structured? user_id can't be private so it's best to use it and only it in your queries to match users to database rows. Query fields also don't have an edit mode so you can't set privacy for them unless you've set privacy for the entire tab it self, which the above API that I've provided will ignore that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187142 by fribse2011
Hi Krileon

Hmm, the TAB has privacy settings, but as I'm just the middleman, I'm a bit lost here.
It seems though, that it's working as you say, I've just tried setting up a newsletter and it worked...

How about other fields with privacy set, can the workaround work for that? Ie. delimiter field, text field etc.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 4 months ago #187160 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not the newsletter extensions developer nor do I know how it's processing fields. The API is designed to respect user privacy and admin configuration, there's no getting around that except for direct user object substitutions (e.g. [user_id], [username]) or database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187200 by fribse2011
Ok, no problem, but if I only allow users to set privacy on tab's then I will not run into that problem, right?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 4 months ago #187240 by krileon
It depends on how the fields are processed. I can't give you a definitive answer, because it's a yes and no situation depending on how the fields are processed or how the substitution is supplied.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn