CB Field Manager - Field-Sorting

12 years 4 months ago #187079 by gekko_505
CB Field Manager - Field-Sorting was created by gekko_505
Hello Joomlapolis

I have a lil problem :
The sorting of fields by using the blue arrows in the CB Field Manager fails; it skips positions; the reason for this behaviour is, that other fields in the same tab occupy the same position-numbers/-indizes ( in the input-fields behind ).
So since the reason is quite clear it would make sense to manually enter new values into that position-indizes-field, which ofc i can, BUT the point is that i cannot save the new vales !
The save-icon ( the disk ) above the row doesnt work !

Is this normal ?
Is there a workaround ?
if no workaround : which / where isexactly is the related field in the Database, so that i can manually arrange / alter the indizes-values ?

Thank you :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Field Manager - Field-Sorting
It's working as normal. If you've 3 fields all in position 2 then it will skip position 2. Just input the values manually into the input boxes then click the save icon at the very top.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187145 by gekko_505
Replied by gekko_505 on topic Re: CB Field Manager - Field-Sorting
Yeah, i know; That's exactly what i tried, but that doesn't work.

exactly that save-function doesnt work.

It hasnt ever worked btw, also when i tested Cb once monthes ago.

It also doesn't matter what browser i use.

It also doesnt work from completely independent workstations.

I use CB 1.7.0 btw ( didn't yet upgrade to 1.7.1 ), but as i stated it hasn't ever worked when i tested it.

:S Oo' ...

12 years 4 months ago #187161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Field Manager - Field-Sorting
You need to upgrade to CB 1.7.1, the save functions and think cancel functions are bugged in CB 1.7.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn