Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs Unsubscribe results in Plan downgrade

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 4 months ago #187097 by raniko
Hello. I have 4 groups of users each having multiple subscription options - the lowest plan for all groups is a basic free plan. When a user chooses to unsubscribe from a premium plan, I would like them to be put into this basic plan first. Currently, they are unsubscribed from all plans and are moved to a registered status. I would only like them removed from all plans if they unsubscribe from the lowest plan and have all other plan unsubscribers drop first to this basic free plan. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #187123 by krileon
Is your free play lifetime duration? Exclusive? Allows upgrades? Please be specific with your current plan setup so can suggest alternatives. Please also provide Joomla, CB, and CBSubs version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 4 months ago #187148 by raniko
At the moment all of my plans are free lifetime and exclusive because I am in the process of testing them....

For the first launch however, I will be needing to have 4 free basic plans each having 1 premium upgrade plan that they can choose. The Premium plan, (at least for month 1), will have a coupon code associated with it so certain individuals will get a TBD # of months free...

example

teacher free basic, teacher premium monthly
student free basic, student premium monthly

Premiuum plans will pay on a monthly basis - ALL plans will be exclusive.

I am using Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #187162 by krileon
I see, in that case you should have the premium plans be child plans of your free plans. Without doing so you're simply upgrading from a previous plan and losing that previous plan. Wherein a parent > child situation you have both the parent and child plan at same time. Child plans should be non-exclusive however or the user would be forced to subscribe to it and not be able to simply use the free parent plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 4 months ago #187170 by raniko
Okay. So in this scenario, an "unsubscribe" from the child keeps the parent plan... makes sense. I tried this once before and had some complications with permissions and assigning groups during registration though I can't remember exactly why. Ultimately though, the issue forced me to create non/child-parent plans again. Is there another way to go about having a basic plan be the default for an unsubscribe from a premium plan? Plans in a few months from now will be much more complex. ie..

Teacher basic, teacher premium1, teacher premium2, teacher premium3, teacher premium4. with teacher premium 5 being a combo of all of the other premium plans.

So, you could theoretically be a member of teacher premium 1 and teacher premium 2, but teacher premium 5 is exclusive. I think this is where I had problems using the child plans last time. I might as well plan for the future if possible.

Many thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #187239 by krileon

Is there another way to go about having a basic plan be the default for an unsubscribe from a premium plan?

Only way to do that is use non-exclusive plans so you can be subscribed to more then 1 plan at a time. When an plan is exclusive it's just that; it's exclusive. Meaning you can only subscribe to 1 at a time.

So, you could theoretically be a member of teacher premium 1 and teacher premium 2, but teacher premium 5 is exclusive. I think this is where I had problems using the child plans last time. I might as well plan for the future if possible.

There's no real reason to do that unless you intend to offer a discount for subscribing to premium1-4. You could do the below.

Teacher (free, lifetime, exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 1 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 2 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 3 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 4 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
Teacher Premium (exclusive, allow upgrade) <- includes premium 1-4
Student (free, lifetime, exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 1 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 2 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 3 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
- Premium 4 (non-exclusive, allow upgrade)
Student Premium (exclusive, allow upgrade) <- includes premium 1-4

This would allow them to be a free user and select what upgrades, if any, they wanted or if they want all of them they could upgrade to the all inclusive plan which gives them full premium access, but they won't fall back to a free plan however when they expire they can choose to upgrade into the free plan manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon