Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Possible CB Triggers conflict?

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 4 months ago #187382 by basidee
Possible CB Triggers conflict? was created by basidee
I am trying to figure out why my default editor is not showing in frontend content submission forms.

I see that CB Trigger is listed as an editor in the options? I am not sure exactly what it does, but I remember at least one of the plugins I installed required CB Trigger to work.

Questions:

1. What exactly does CB Triggers do?
2. Which plugins does it support?
3. Could it be conflicting with the default site editor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #187401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Possible CB Triggers conflict?
CB Triggers is depreciated, just uninstall it. Only depreciated CB VirtueMart, current release CB Progress Field, and CB Template Changer make any use out of it (both to be upgraded to not use it with later release). It was designed to route Joomla triggers into CB triggers. Only the CB Triggers system plugin is actually used. You can disable all the others if you absolutely need it. Also, no often it doesn't conflict with anything. It simply doesn't work on J1.7 though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 4 months ago #187429 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Possible CB Triggers conflict?
I've uninstalled CB Triggers, but my frontend editor is still missing. Any ideas where to look for solutions?

Any help would be most appreciated.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #187433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Possible CB Triggers conflict?
CB has nothing to do with your editor. Probably a permissions issue or a problem with whatever editor you're using. You find enable/disable various editors and set their access permissions within Joomlas plugin manager. You can set the default editor used within Joomlas global configuration. Editors are JS based, so if you've a fatal JS error present on page (see your browsers error console) it won't load.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon