CB SUBS Plans (Credit Card processing)

12 years 4 months ago #187635 by raniko
Hi. I was considering creating a plan that would be free for the first 3 months, with pmts kicking in in month 4. Is it possible to prompt customers to pay when the plan becomes active for pmts in month five? As it stands now, I can only seem to be able to configure the plan so that the customer needs to pay (or at least submit pmt details) immediately at registration before they can get access to their profile.
I am using j1.7, CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187655 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB SUBS Plans (Credit Card processing)
What payment gateway are you using? Do you allow single payments only? Recurring payments only? or both? Often there should be a "Free Trial" button if say paying through PayPal and is a recurring subscription that a user can click to not have to make any upfront commitment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187659 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: CB SUBS Plans (Credit Card processing)
I haven't yet set up a pmt gateway, but most likely will use pay pal at least to start out with recurring monthly auto pmts. My current issue stems from simply having the plan set up in CB Subs as being 3 months free but without a gateway established... Sounds like I need to set up a gateway first and control this functionality that way though.

Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #187662 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: CB SUBS Plans (Credit Card processing)
Actually, Is it possible to by-pass the pmt gateway entirely until the 3 months are up? That would be useful. Using the Pay Pal "Free Trial" method, is the user asked for credit card info? Thats really what Im trying to avoid have happen until the trial period ends.

Thanks again.

12 years 4 months ago #187664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB SUBS Plans (Credit Card processing)

Actually, Is it possible to by-pass the pmt gateway entirely until the 3 months are up?

Yes, by clicking the Free Trial button.

Using the Pay Pal "Free Trial" method, is the user asked for credit card info?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn