[SOLVED] changing or adding a new template for CB

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188992 by deepmill
ok I searched the forum on how to change or add my own template for the CB. (I really want the tabs to take on the style of the template and found this:

"
GJ features a "drop-in" style template system. With the template folder of GJs CB plugin folder simply create a folder for your template such as "mysite". Within that folder you'll want to place a copy of the default template.css file. Now simply edit template.css file to meet your needs. Once done select your template from GJs backend. No installations or database, etc.. changes necessary. Any files missing from your template will be taken from the default template, this includes CSS and PHP files so your template can be partial."

what,where , how? I have a local copy of the site and found the templates under
/com_profiler/plugin/templates/
I copied default to an new folder, renamed and uploaded but if doesn't appear in any list - how do I tell CB its installed ? or is there more to do?

cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: changing or adding a new template for CB
GJ isn't CB. CB doesn't have drop-in template capability. CBs template files can be found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/

CB templates must be installed as CB plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepmill

12 years 3 months ago #189065 by deepmill
Replied by deepmill on topic Re: changing or adding a new template for CB
yes - I realized that I was asking incorrectvly and actually it was the groupjive templates I want to change and they can be dropped in. so I've managed to start changing one
thanks anyway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn