clicking on a member from the list ignores menus

12 years 3 months ago #189069 by deepmill
I have a menus on the right as well as the left, all members menus are on the right. I have a link that displays all the members (members lists). that appears with both left and right menus on display.
I click on a member to see their profile and the right menu does not display.
I can't see why this is.
see attached
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189080 by krileon
Userlist will use the profile menu links Itemid and not the userlists Itemid. You need to assign your modules to the profile menu link in addition to the userlists menu link. This should allow the modules to display on both pages. I recommend disabling SEF, clicking to a profile, checking what Itemid is in the URL then assign modules to the menu link that corresponds to that Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189099 by deepmill
Hmmm.. not should I get this. I've disable SEF, haven't noticed any change.
on J1.7 the menu modules only have the option to assign them to menus ,
I can't find the menu it that corresponds Itemid that the members page is using (I've been through evey menu and hover over each menu, even create a new list thinking it would give a different ID but its one I can't find)

12 years 3 months ago #189127 by krileon
Disable SEF, click a user, view the URL in the address bar and find Itemid, match that Itemid to a menu item you've created in Joomla, then assign modules to that menu item. The Itemid for a menu item is on the very far right in a column, no need to hover over anything. It has to be there, it's impossible for it to not be there. You may also want to empty Menu trash to ensure it's not pulling the Itemid from there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189143 by deepmill
yep did all that the first time, I only hovered over menu item as a quick way to see the itemid, but I did check the trash and emptied it. been through every menu listing can't see the ItemId that the members list is using.
but I found if I manually change the ItemID to an existing menu on the address line, that has the right menus on the right it will display the menus correctly,

However, if I replace the ItemID with any number that is not a menu ID ie. 999 then it will not display not right hand menu, (but does the left hand) - ie has the same behavious as the problem I have. - so I suspect its using an out of date Itemid that was deleted.
question is - How can I get the list of users to use a valid ItemId?
thanks

12 years 3 months ago #189152 by krileon
It does use a valid Itemid. It uses the first menu link to CB user profiles that it can find that the user has access to. If it doesn't find one then it doesn't use one at all or it trys to use the userlists Itemid. I don't know what more to advise. Your module placement is purely based off Itemid. You need to assign modules to the menu link responsible for the Itemid you're seeing. It's not possible for CB to use an Itemid that does not exist, so the menu is there.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will try to find it for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepmill

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn