eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189089 by austega
eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1 was created by austega
Hi Beat,

couldn't find Ticket Id 191828, sorry - please move this there if appropriate.

Initial feedback as requested:
  1. Beta installed fine on my J1.5.25 test site, using your first installation method
  2. eWAY payment installed and configured fine
  3. Test transaction fine from front-end viewpoint
  4. Test transaction also fine from backend viewpoint (Subscriptions/Payments/Baskets)
  5. Assume but have not confirmed yet that payment went through as far as eWAY/bank account is concerned
  6. Issue 1 - In Notifications, while Full Name is shown the separate First Name and Last Name, and the Email, columns show as empty - see uploaded image
  7. Issue 2 - In History and Logs, shows two errors in not receiving Merchant Reference - see uploaded image
  8. Issue 3 (probably related to 2) - Invoice does not show any references to the eWAY Reference No or Authorisation No or to the Payment Basket No that is shown in an onscreen message as part of the Success message on returning to the site - see uploaded image
  9. Issue 4 - In Front End screen messages payment is referred to as Credit Card - Not sure where this string is controlled, is it possible to have this show what type of credit card (eg MC or Visa) was used?

That's all for now.

Cheers - David
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1
I was able to successfully make a payment with eWay. If you're using an eWay test account please ensure all purchases have no cents. Example $10 will be successful, but $10.70 will fail (this only applies to test accounts). Please note you need HTTPS on return from eWay or you'll get a mixed content warning and it may fail.

As for the missing email, we add the email address that the gateway gives us there. In this case the gateway gives us nothing, not even name (we add that from user object). So it's normal for it to show no email. The same applies to "Credit Card"; the gateway doesn't give us this information so it's left as generic "Credit Card".

Please also keep in mind your site must be in the currency of the eWay server you're attempting to use. For example if the server is set to AUS then your currency must be set to AUD or it will fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189195 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1
Hi Krileon,

thanks for the response.

My test was a live transaction (A$ on AUS server) and it was certainly successful - including going through to the bank account.

I understand that you are saying that my Issues 1 and 4 simply reflect the limited information that eWay returns. Considered those closed.

I think my Issues 2 and 3 are more critical - can you let me know if these are able to be fixed?

David

12 years 3 months ago #189208 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1
For issue 2, can you please click on the error details and paste them here ( you can enclose in bbcode [ CONFIDENTIAL ] here so that any private info doesn't become public (you are also welcome to edit your original post if needed to enclose any private info with that.

For issue 3: normally, transaction numbers are for the merchant only, as the buyer will get different ones from his credit card issuer, and should normally not be displayed on the invoice. Did I miss any local regulations ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago #189209 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1
Issue 2 -

here are the error log details:

This message contains confidential information

and

This message contains confidential information

Issue 3 -

No I am not aware of any relevant local regulations that are being missed.

From a buyer experience I remember the eWay server showing me a Reference # and an Authorisation #, and on return to CBS the buyer is shown the CBS Basket # (10 in this case). It seems unfortunate when the printable invoice doesn't show any of these. If the first two are not returned to CBS, would it not be better to at least show the basket # on the Invoice?

Thanks for your help in this.

David

12 years 3 months ago #189265 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: eWay gateway with CBSubs 1.3 b1
Thanks, seeing that there is some information for this error that is not logged. Added logging and will email you a build in some hours for a second pass.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn