[SOLVED] Arranging / Formatting Fields Under a Profile Tab

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189202 by jimmoeller
In my CB setup I've created a profile tab on which the user can indicate various topics of interest. The topics of interest are all implemented with single check boxes. This tab can be edited under the user's "Update Your Profile" setup and the resulting information is displayed under the user's profile.

On this topics-of-interest tap I have over 100 different topic areas that the user can select and indicate their interest. I'd like to arrange the fields in three columns under the tab accessable via "Update Your Profile" and under the display of the user's profile. From reading the forums I'm sensing there is a way to do this with field delimiters and substitutions, but I wasn't able to find anything to help me with a solution.

Is there a way to arrange these fields under the tab I've created in the user's profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189279 by krileon
It's possible to arrange them in such a way on profile view, but not profile edit. For substitution usage information please see tutorials within my signature. I recommend instead of using a 100 single checkboxes that you simply use 1 multi-checkbox and it'll comma separate the values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189526 by rspack
Best way to achieve this is to make one field to hold all the choices or checkboxes. Use the field type Checkbox (Multiple). Then use the layout described below:

Open your field that is capturing all the available selections (choices). At the bottom of the field screen, on the left bottom side of the field, look for the parameters Cols. and Rows. Set the Cols to 3 and the rows to 34 (need this many rows to equal at least 100 field selections, or 3x34 = 102 selections). Add all your single fields into this single field and add the options or choices at the bottom of the field setup page.

This should get you to what you were asking about. If I am understanding what you were wanting to do. It also will layout on both registration form and profile page nicely.

Scott
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 2 months ago #190526 by jimmoeller
Thanks krileon and rspack. The Checkbox (Multiple) field type worked great.

Jim Moeller

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn