[SOLVED] Remove from "dropdown-field"

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189288 by tuxic
At registration we have a dropdown-field(single select), with 950 names, and the user have to choose one when he or she register.
... but when a user have made a selection and registered, we want that selection removed (or "unselecteable") from the dropdown-field. We cant have two users make the same selection. Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189362 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Remove from "dropdown-field"
No it's not possible, if you remove the value then the user who just selected it will lose the value of their field. There's no feature to disable field values either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189496 by tuxic
Replied by tuxic on topic Re: Remove from "dropdown-field"
Ok, thanks
... but could I use autoactions and the "redirect-action"? I have a selection like:
"Name 1"
"Name 2"
"Name 3"
etc.

If user1 register and select "Name 1", and later, user2 try to register and select "Name1", Then I want user2 to get redirected with at message that "Name1" is taken and he/she should make another selection.

Is something like that possible?

12 years 3 months ago #189616 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Remove from "dropdown-field"
The conditions don't match like that so you'd need to use a CB Query Field to query the database and return a 1 or a 0 if the name has already been used for a user then perform the redirect if that condition is met. I suppose that'll work, but then it's just a guessing game for a user and they'll probably have 4-5 failed registrations then give up and never come back. Maybe an easier solution is to try Nicks DB Lookup field as believe it should be able to check if a value was used already or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189622 by tuxic
Replied by tuxic on topic (Solved) Re: Remove from "dropdown-field"
Hi

I used the DB Lookup, and it woorked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for.
Almost a blueprint of this " Plugin guide "

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn