[SOLVED] Group Jive Forum Integration

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189369 by gschmalenberg
[SOLVED] Group Jive Forum Integration was created by gschmalenberg
I am trying to create a Forum Topic in a Group jive group
I have GJ 2.4 CB 1.7 Joomla 1.5 (latest revision) and Kunena Lastest revision but it gives me the message

Error

-load-: You do not have permissions to access this page.

I don't know what to do. I'm quite sure I have all the parameters set correctly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group Jive Forum Integration
You have to be a member of the group in order to access the groups forums. Site moderators of course can access regardless of group permission. GJ 2.4 forum integration is pretty buggy though. I've fixed all those issues in GJ 2.5, which will be available to you as an RC early next week. Please try running GJ Tools from backend to see if there are any permission issues with the forums that GJ can fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189411 by gschmalenberg
Replied by gschmalenberg on topic Re: Group Jive Forum Integration
I am the owner of the group, just created it. I checked, made sure the group is published, Ran the tools. Still no luck. I hope that future releases are less buggy.

Looking forward to the update.

I found the problem, for some reason it did not publish the Category in the forum when the group was created.

However, there is still a problem which I hope is fixed. The group is Invite only and is open to USERs only but still shows up on the list of Categories. It should not show up at all with that setting. I hope this is fixed in 2.5. The group is supposed to be private so other users should not see it in the forum list.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Group Jive Forum Integration
Are you able to navigate to the forum? However, upon clicking "New Topic" is when you receive the error? Please upgrade to CB 1.7.1 and provide what version of Kunena you're currently using.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189422 by gschmalenberg
Sorry, edited my last message. The problem was that the forum was not published even though I had just created the group.

Also, when it is published, even though the group is invite only, Forum public = no and setting is for USERs only, I can still see the group in the forum. It should be invisible when it is USERs only and Invite.

12 years 3 months ago #189426 by gschmalenberg
Kunena 1.7.1 seems to have solve the problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn