[SOLVED] Condition on Session variable

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189517 by sherdog
Is it possible to create a session variable then condition on it to show/hide a tab.
Maybe there's another way to do this but here's my situation.

I have 5 member types that can view or not view other members info depending on the type of member.
I need to show a tab to a "Industry member" of a "Full member" when the Industry member is logged in and clicks on the Full member profile.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Condition on Session variable
Nope, but why not just add a condition to the tab to show if the viewing user is an "Industry Member" (assume that's a field to determine what type they are).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189655 by sherdog
Replied by sherdog on topic Re: Condition on Session variable
How would I create that? It appears to me that the conditions are for the profiles being viewed not who's viewing.
I'm still very new to community builder and all the great features you have.
Thanks.

12 years 3 months ago #189658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Condition on Session variable
You could try creating a delimiter field to return the membership type of a viewing user or using CB Query Field to return the membership type of a viewing user via query (substitute in viewing users user_id). Then use either of those in the condition. Can't say for sure if delimiter field will work, but it's worth a shot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189685 by sherdog
Ok i have this which gives me the member type of any profile i click on, so what's the correct query to show the logged in member membership type?

SELECT `cb_memberships` FROM `#__comprofiler` WHERE `id` = [user_id]

Thanks

12 years 3 months ago #189736 by sherdog
I have tried this query but it doesn't work.

SELECT '#__comprofiler.cb_memberships' FROM '#__comprofiler'
INNER JOIN '#__session' ON '#__comprofiler.user_id' = '#__session.userid'
WHERE '#__session.userid' = [user_id]

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn