Login redirect error

12 years 3 months ago #189523 by creezi
Login redirect error was created by creezi
When I have a category as only visible for registered users, and a guest clicks a link to that category, he/she is not redirected to login/register page, but the page gives an error. I have checked all the settings, global site registration is to no and in cb to yes. Loginform is published, registration link is made. I have no idea where to look.
Any suggestions?

System
Mysql 5.0.84
PHP 5.2.9
Joomla 2.5.0 Stable
CB 1.7.1

CB Subs not yet installed, first testing system.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189524 by creezi
Replied by creezi on topic Re: Login redirect error
BTW, the php safe mode is set to OFF.

I also found this post by Krilion as a reply to an issue from another user, which is quite similar.

Have reviewed your issue and it's due to the Joomla content categories having a custom accesslevel. The way Joomla sees it is if you don't have that accesslevel then those categories don't even exist for you. Seams wrong for Joomla to show a 404 error instead of redirecting to some sort of error page, but seams just is how it behaves. Once I set the categories to "Public" it works perfectly fine and asks the user to subscribe. Please also confirm if is behaving as expected.

This doesn't make any sense to me. If I can't set the category to registered, what do I set to registered users only? If I only set the content (article and modules) to registered, it does show the page, only without content.

And what could the error be, that I don't get a joomla error page?

12 years 3 months ago #189624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Login redirect error
It's working as intended. For security reasons if a user doesn't have access then the page acts as if it doesn't exist. After further thought this is good practice on Joomlas part. Again, this is all Joomlas doing and not CB or CBSubs. If you want CBSubs to take over access permissions just set it as Public, protect it with a Plan, and it'll take over.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds