[SOLVED] How many record at one time can CBJuice2 handle.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189705 by TC Topps
Hi!

I have successfully uploaded a small batch of records to an internet server. Now I am trying a 50,000 record file with the same column headers. No success! Is there a limit to the number of records that you can upload at any one time from CBJuice to an internet server? I have Clear wireless. It is very fast. So I do not believe that to be a problem.

Also what about downloading a saved csv file. How many?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189727 by TC Topps
The file with 50,000 records also has 45 column fields! I also can not find info at Forge for the extension that address this issue.

12 years 3 months ago #189741 by krileon
We're not CB Juices developer. Your question is probably better asked in CB Juice boards below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

My best guess is it handles as many users as your server can handle before timing out. Obviously importing 50,000 users at once is not going to work unless you've a very powerful dedicated server.

I recommend importing in chunks of 300 users per import at most. Yes this applies to localhost servers. Most by default will timeout after 30 seconds and at most allow up to 100MB of memory. You'd need to adjust your localhost to have a ridiculously high timeout time and allow for much more memory (via PHP.ini).

None of which is CB Juices fault of course. You're just performing way too much all at once.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189760 by TC Topps
I was able to do much better than that. But I wonder if I had some drops in records as a result of trying a 10000 record file. I will reduce and try again.

Why am I being emailed every failed email after I have selected the do not email the addressee function. That would also mean that the valid emails also got sent. Is there a way to turn this off. I do not want my email box filled with 50,000 invailid.com return emails.

Thank you. I would be willing to pay for a module that was not giving me these problems. Any hope for this at CB. Or is there a more professional application that works with CB?

Thank you!

12 years 3 months ago #189799 by krileon

Why am I being emailed every failed email after I have selected the do not email the addressee function. That would also mean that the valid emails also got sent. Is there a way to turn this off. I do not want my email box filled with 50,000 invailid.com return emails.

I don't know. Again, we're not CB Juices developer and you may want to ask your question on CB Juices boards below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

Thank you. I would be willing to pay for a module that was not giving me these problems. Any hope for this at CB. Or is there a more professional application that works with CB?

CB Juice works fine and as I've stated already the problem is your unrealistic imports. A server can not handle that many imports no matter who develops it. You're literally running thousands of users through the registration process at once, which will kill your server (localhost or not, they all have limitations).

We are planning an official import/export feature built directly into CB, but it won't be until late CB 2.0 at best.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189808 by TC Topps
I down sized the record size and successfully uploaded. I am thinking that the developer wants us to purchase additional services. As this is a limitation or it is now a bug as a result of version changes. I do not know!

I strongly encourage that you work on your planned import features. For those of us who strong interest in marketing but weak or only apprentice / pro-consumer level of software integration, this feature would greatly expand your appeal. It might be a nice add-on; but I believe it should be core.

Thank you for your response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn