Error

Please login first

Internal menu link in GJ

12 years 3 months ago #190131 by adop
Internal menu link in GJ was created by adop
I have seen that GJ 2.5rc1 has a very useful feature to setup menus very easily. Once the menu is setup I can add all the other modules like copyright, footer, etc. that go with a page.

The question is how to reach those pages when coming from links displayed in GJ tabs or panels.

For example if I have a page with the list of all groups and click one of the groups titles I am redirected to a page which contains only the GJ component without all the other stuff that goes with complete page.

I am sure there is a smart way to do it.

Thanks.

adop

J2.5.3 CB 1.8.0 GJ 2.5.1 Kunena 1.7.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190203 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Internal menu link in GJ
You need to enable dynamic item id within GJ > Config > General > Global. This will allow GJ to search through Joomlas menu links for an Itemid for every menu link. Please note this means it will scan the database for every URL built inside of GJ to find an Itemid; not recommended for low hosting packages and will increase database query count.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn