Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB & GroupJive problems & trick

• paintek
  • paintek
12 years 3 months ago #190573 by paintek
Replied by paintek on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick
yes, i've seen... but i ask if it's possible (or also, if it's planned) to do invite with a list or some like that

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #190594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick

mmm... when you say a new integration plugin, you means that not exist yet? it's not possible to edit the php file?

GJ has plenty of triggers to allow a CB plugin to say add new fields. There's no reason to edit core files nor do we support editing of core files.

for the question of the user display see the attachment (loged like a register user), i see the voice, but not the link to te user profile, only white space!

That's because your formatname field is not configured properly. It must be on a public and published tab as well as be configured to display on profile. The tab it is on however can be in a not shown on profile position.

yes, i've seen... but i ask if it's possible (or also, if it's planned) to do invite with a list or some like that

Invite with a list? List of what? Please be more specific. There's already a feature to allow for a Connections drop-down select that lets you quickly invite people you're connected to. This can be enabled from GJ configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• paintek
  • paintek
12 years 3 months ago #190723 by paintek

krileon wrote:

mmm... when you say a new integration plugin, you means that not exist yet? it's not possible to edit the php file?

GJ has plenty of triggers to allow a CB plugin to say add new fields. There's no reason to edit core files nor do we support editing of core files.

so... i don't understand how to... please explane me how!

for the question of the user display see the attachment (loged like a register user), i see the voice, but not the link to te user profile, only white space!

That's because your formatname field is not configured properly. It must be on a public and published tab as well as be configured to display on profile. The tab it is on however can be in a not shown on profile position.

so... i've to crate a hidden tab & put what? where i've to create that tab? i don't know if i have understand what you say... but i've set in the cb format name: only username & in gj i don't see option about "see the howner of the group in the group panel"

Invite with a list? List of what? Please be more specific. There's already a feature to allow for a Connections drop-down select that lets you quickly invite people you're connected to. This can be enabled from GJ configuration.

ok, you're right, i've did some set wrong

ps. i usually don't make a lot of question witouth do test &/or search on the web, but my client have a lot of request given my a ridicolous time

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #190731 by krileon

so... i don't understand how to... please explane me how!

See other GJ integration plugins. The most simple of them is the "About" integration. Review its source and create a new plugin to add new fields to group edit page. Not much more I can advise, sorry.

so... i've to crate a hidden tab & put what? where i've to create that tab? i don't know if i have understand what you say... but i've set in the cb format name: only username & in gj i don't see option about "see the howner of the group in the group panel"

The "formatname" field is found within CB > Field Management and must be visible on profile. It must also be on a tab that is public and published. You can however move the tab that it is on to a "not shown on profile" position if you don't want the field actually visible on profile.

The owner of the group is shown in the group. See my attached image.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

• paintek
  • paintek
12 years 3 months ago #190746 by paintek
so i can copy the "about" plugin, i edit it to create a new plugin.. then? i put all in a zip file & i go to the installation cb plugin panel?

& also, i don't remind if i have just ask that, but it's possible to limit the choise in the multi flag field (registration field)

for the owner, you're right again & again. but now, how i can hide it from the category view?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #190756 by krileon

so i can copy the "about" plugin, i edit it to create a new plugin.. then? i put all in a zip file & i go to the installation cb plugin panel?

I guess so if that's what you want to do.

& also, i don't remind if i have just ask that, but it's possible to limit the choise in the multi flag field (registration field)

Multi flag field? No idea what that is.

but now, how i can hide it from the category view?

You've to edit the template and remove the "By:" part. GJ template files can be found at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon