[SOLVED] Adding Fields to CB Emails Plugin

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190219 by iamalive
Hi
I need to add a number of additional Fields into an Email sent by the CB Emails Plugin.

I tried using square Brackets and the "name" of the field, but that didn't work.

So, how do I do that?

Regards
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Adding Fields to CB Emails Plugin
CB Emails is depreciated. Please upgrade to CB Auto Actions and use Email actions. You can then use substitutions anywhere it states they're permitted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190240 by iamalive
Replied by iamalive on topic Re: Adding Fields to CB Emails Plugin
Thanks Krileon

That's good and bad news:
- Good news - we can change lot's of things
- Bad news, I've just paid a programmer to add a vcard to CB Emails.

The programmer has added the following line to CB Emails:

I've had to add it in the text file called code.txt as it won't let me put in here for some reason - sorry.

Is there anywhere I can add that to the new Plugin?

(I've attached the file he wrote egdvcard.php and renamed it to edvcards.php.txt - maybe you guys could start building in a downloadable vcard with that for users to import into their local address books)

I'd like to be able to use this and not have to pay the programmer again :-)

Thanks for any help on this
Regards
David

File Attachment:

File Name: code.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago #190244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Adding Fields to CB Emails Plugin

Is there anywhere I can add that to the new Plugin?

No idea; you'd have to have your programmer take a look. CB Auto Actions is model based so all of the Emails action is contained in its own file and guess you could put the file inclusion at the top of the Emails model, but it probably won't work if the included file is designed for CB Emails functions and classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190269 by iamalive
Thanks for the feedback.
Shame I wasted the money - not encouraging.
Regards
David

12 years 2 months ago #190271 by iamalive
Hi again

So I've installed auto acation.

Where it says "Conditional" In CB Emails, there was a dropdown list of all the fields available, This isn't there anymore. What is the format for selecting such a field?

Thanks for help

Regards
David

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn