[SOLVED] Need to Redirect CB logout from within Kunena

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190363 by bigtuner
Hello Everyone

I have Joomla! 2.5.1, Kunena 1.7.2, CB 1.7.1.

I have a secure area where CB and Kunena reside. Logging in with CB module works just fine. Logging out from outside Kunena also fine; it returns you to the public site home page.

BUT

If I logout from within Kunena, I go to a "please log in" page. This needs to be index.php, the home page of the public site.

I think the logout from within Kunena uses a predetermined action, i.e. "go to login" and not the CB login module.

Is it possible to set up a redirect in Joomla! xxxx_redirect_links so that if kunena preset says go to "please log in", it redirects to index.php? What would be the syntax for that URL?

Barring that, can I just delete the Profile tab in Kunena, thus forcing people to log out via CB login module?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190392 by krileon
You can force all logouts (if they use CB API) to redirect to a URL using CB Auto Actions with a redirect action using the after logout trigger. This will allow you to redirect on logout no matter where they logout from (if the logout used CB API of course). This should resolve your issue as I don't think Kunena uses CB login module parameters to determine login/logout redirects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190404 by bigtuner
Hey now krileon

I had this long post ready to go saying that I couldn't get it to work.

It really helps to empty the cache and check in.

It seems to be working totally for the first time.

The only thing squirrely now is that when CB logout returns you to the home page, it insists on telling you to log in first; I'd love to remove that banner. (note: simple on/off switch in CB login module does the trick)

But what a burden lifted.

Thanks!

Dan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn