[SOLVED] disable E-mail Required process.[ProfileBook]

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190379 by yusukenishihara
I installed latest ProfileBook plugin, and put it's tab on user profiles.
When anonymous user post a comment on profilebook, they are all required to put their e-mail address.
Unless they do, posting refused.
It is fine for security reason. However the problem is that these addresses are shown with comment in public.
Can we disable e-mail address requirement process? or hide address on public comments?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190465 by krileon
You should be able to edit the tab within CB > Tab Management and set "Show email:" to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190478 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: disable E-mail Required process.[ProfileBook]

krileon wrote: You should be able to edit the tab within CB > Tab Management and set "Show email:" to "No".

I have already set "Show email" of "Extra fields" in PB tab to "No".
However when anonymous user posts a comment, "Email:" box is shown after clicking "Sign Profile Book".
Also after posting a comment, the Email address posted is shown with comment in public too.

12 years 2 months ago #190487 by krileon
Ah, right you can't disable the email for anonymous users. You'd have to edit the core code of the plugin to remove it, which I can't help you with. Believe others may have already edited the core and provided their findings; please search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190491 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: disable E-mail Required process.[ProfileBook]

krileon wrote: Ah, right you can't disable the email for anonymous users. You'd have to edit the core code of the plugin to remove it, which I can't help you with. Believe others may have already edited the core and provided their findings; please search.

I see, then I will search how to edit the code. anyway I think if anonymous user is required to open it's private email address in public to post a comment, I guess no users can post...I love this plugin, but.

12 years 2 months ago #190499 by nant

yusukenishihara wrote:

krileon wrote: Ah, right you can't disable the email for anonymous users. You'd have to edit the core code of the plugin to remove it, which I can't help you with. Believe others may have already edited the core and provided their findings; please search.

I see, then I will search how to edit the code. anyway I think if anonymous user is required to open it's private email address in public to post a comment, I guess no users can post...I love this plugin, but.

Well, it won't be the first time anonymous users give bogus email addresses.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn