[SOLVED] Hide options with CB Conditional

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190432 by pfletcher
Hi there,

I seem to be having a dumb moment with the CB Conditional registration options. All I would like to do is the following – which I wouldn’t think would not be so difficult:

In the registration sequence we go to Step 2, here, for example, will be a Colour dropdown list which the user selects one of 5 colours. Depending on which colour is chosen, boxes will appear or hide in accordance

Select (Red) and (Red-xyz) will appear below only. Select (Blue) - (Blue- xyz) will appear below only and so on and keep the other colours hidden

Whenever I add a second/3rd/fourth condition to the Colour dropdown list some of the options appear as soon as we go to Step 2 even though I set everything to hide until an option is chosen.

How can I set all options other than the original Colour list to hide when you view Step 2 or until a choice is made? Is there a CB Conditional manual somewhere to download – I have searched the download area? I must be missing something simple.....

Huge thanks in advance for any info on this matter

Paul :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Hide options with CB Conditional
You need to edit your inputs that are supposed to show based off the color drop-down and set their conditions as follows.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: Color
Operator: Equal To
Value: COLOR HERE (e.g. Blue)
Mode: Show

You don't need multiple conditions to have what you're wanting. You're just applying them to the wrong field. Instead of applying to the Color drop-down field you should apply them to the other fields you want shown/hidden.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190571 by pfletcher
Replied by pfletcher on topic Re: Hide options with CB Conditional
Thank you so much, that makes much more sense, I seemed to have been working in reverse, oops.

Cheers

Paul

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn